|Image: A section from page 1|
Assignment: Each group of three to four as assigned in class will answer the following questions in a comment to this post. Provide properly cited textual evidence for each answer.
1. What is the setting of this novel?
2. Who are the principle characters and what are their relationships to each other?
3. What is the principle conflict of this novel?
4. Describe is the author's style.
5. Describe the author's tone, overall, throughout the novel.
6. What is the symbolic significance of bones in the novel?
7. What is the thematic significance of the novel's narration and point of view?
8. What does disease symbolize in the novel?
Each comment must include all group members' names and use standard English. Numbers 1-4 of this assignment count as one participation grade; numbers 5-8 count as one participation grade. All work is due by midnight on 3/25/14.